Hisham A. Kassim is the managing partner of Kassim Legal and leads the firm’s M&A and corporate practice group. Hisham has successfully represented and worked with hundreds of startups, emerging companies, and entrepreneurs on various corporate and M&A cross-border transactions as well as some of the leading corporations, private equity, and venture capital firms operating within the Middle East. Hisham’s practice areas include international tax, complex cross-border M&A transactions, corporate registrations and structuring, as well as private equity and venture capital financing. Hisham is fluent in Arabic and English and a published scholar in leading U.S. law reviews.
- Currently represent several private equity and venture capital funds operating in the MENA region which include several fintech, impact, and micro funds assisting them from fund formation to deal structuring to due diligence and eventually liquidation and exits.
- Advised some of the MENA region’s fastest growing technology companies having successfully represented them from inception to multi-million dollar Series A and B capital raises.
- Conducted several fraud investigations on behalf of investors in various investment transactions throughout MENA.
- In-country advisors to the World Justice Project and the World Bank’s Doing Business Survey for Jordan.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., 2013
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2007
- University of Virginia, B.A., with honors, 2003
- District of Columbia, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2013